Skin Type: Oily Skin and Uneven Skin Tone
What exactly is an oily skin with uneven skin tone ?
Simply, oily skin is considered oily when it produces too much oil. It could be uneven after it has healed from acne leaving dark marks or it could be uneven due to environmental exposure, medications or hormones.
- Your skin can be somewhat oily, moderately oily or very oily and the amount of oil produced can change over time.
- This excess oil causes enlarged pores and these pores can become clogged if the skin is not cleansed properly resulting in acne and dark marks or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- This type of skin usually gets oily after cleansing and usually appears shiny in appearance.
- Sunscreen and moisturizers usually feel heavy on your skin.
- Incorrectly picking pimples and squeezing blackheads will increase inflammation which will make the dark marks, darker and cause them to stay on your skin longer than if you don't pick.
- An uneven skin tone can also occur from environmental influences that usually result in a dark forehead and darkness around the mouth and sides of cheeks.
- Ivory to ebony skin tones can develop post inflammatory pigmentation (dark marks). However, the darker the skin, the darker the marks will be, and the darker the marks, the longer they stay on the skin.
What Ingredients are Best ?
3 DAYS TO BEAUTIFUL SKIN SAMPLER BOX | OILY UNEVEN SKIN TONE
You are going to love the skin care products I have carefully selected for you.
Your Curated Sampler Box Contains:
- 1oz Oil & Blemish Control Cleanser
- 1oz Oil & Blemish Control Tonic
- .25oz Hydrating Serum
- .25oz Clear Skin Exfoliating Masque
- .25oz AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
- .25oz Even Skin Sunscreen SPF 30
Skin Care Tips
- Some of you may have a tendency to wash your face until it feels "squeaky" clean. So you might be attracted to bar soaps and foamy cleansers. Some of you may just use plain water to wash your face.
- While you may love that squeaky clean feeling, you could be making your skin more oily. Once your skin no longer feels any oil on the surface, it will compensate by producing more oil.
- Another word of caution is about the use of moisturizers. I know you have heard more than once that everybody needs a moisturizer. While I agree, that all skins need a moisturizer, not everyone needs to USE a moisturizer.
- Oily skin creates its own moisturizer and you don't always need another one. If your skin is feeling dry, it is because it is lacking in water, not oil.
- So instead of reaching for a moisturizer first, try using a gel based serum to provide hydration. If you still feel dry, then a small amount of rosewater based moisturizer will help.
- Also, eating fatty foods, even the healthy fats found in salmon and tuna, can increase oil in your skin. So keep this in mind.
- The key to keeping oily skin healthy is keeping the pores unclogged and hydration (water) not providing more oil.